Bark Busters Dog Training Ask the Expert
You can filter these results to find questions related to behaviour problems of interest.
Courtney asks...This question is about:
Hi, My dog has extreme separation anxiety. I have tried various things from changing my routine, to putting him in the kennel when I am home, to trying Benadryl to settle his nerves. If he is in an outdoor kennel he is fine, however in an inside crate he barks, salivates profusely, throws up, and tries to dig out of the crate. I am flying from NY to AK in a month and taking him with me as I will be living there for the next few years. I am not sure what to do as he will have to be in a crate for 3-5 hours at a time.
Corey asks...This question is about:
We got Lilly from the pound when she was a puppy and Penny from a different pound about a year later... Life has been great through several cross-country moves and the birth of our first kid. Lilly has always been dominant and Penny has always been timid (noticed before bringing her home). They have got along and have caused no problems. Our second kid was born in August and we moved cross country in October. Since we moved into our new house Lilly has become very aggressive and has begun attacking penny, she locks onto penny's ear or cheek, Penny freaks out and screams, and defecates all over the place while biting back, causing injury to Lilly (Lilly has yet to draw blood on penny but Lilly is now covered in scabs). Last night they had one of these incidents very near my son, its almost impossible to break them apart as Lilly can hold Penny off the ground in her jaws. 99% of the time they act normally towards each other, cuddling on the couch, ignoring each other. We have been doing all kinds of research but don't know where to turn. We are buying a muzzle tomorrow and never leave them alone unsupervised. What has gone so very wrong?
Jennifer asks...This question is about:
Good evening,rnrnFour years ago my Doxie and I moved into a home with a Bull dog mix, Roxy. They seemed to get along fine in that my doxie ignored Roxy and she was so excited by seeing me, a new face, that she all but forgot my doxie was there. rnrnIt took me a long time to get a handle (loosely used) on Roxy. She was out of control - always jumping on the furniture, people and constantly trying to play. Clearly she had a lot of energy. I implemented some tactics I would normally use when training my dog. She rarely jumps on the furniture now. We are still working on manners when people come over. However, she is doing much better than when I first moved in. rnrnTwo years ago Roxy began to randomly attack my doxie. These episodes are unpredictable and 99% of the time I cannot figure out what the trigger is. The other 1% of the time, I could see her become overly possessive over a toy or my doxie would get too close to her while she was eating. Her response to these issues is not to growl, and when he backs off, calm down. Her response is to growl and within seconds lunge for him. rnrnShe also gets aggressive when dogs show her fear. These episodes occur more when we are in environments she's unfamiliar with, or when there are other dogs or people over. rnrnThe only dog I can completely trust her with is our family member's husky. The husky puts her in her place, so I know it can be done. I just don't know how to respond as it's so random and I never know when she will snap. rnrnI would love to hire some help. Her actions are so sporadic but intense. I would hate to have her cause serious injury to my dog or someone else's. rnrnThanks for your help!rnrnJ
Carol asks...This question is about:
These two have been getting along beautifully for a month now and out of the blue I have had 3 episodes tonight where they have tried to tear each other apart.
Jane asks...This question is about:
he is aggressive tries to bite you when you hold him he down from biting toward his food or make he do anything he doesnt want to do