meet your specialist trainer Brad Howe
Bark Busters Home Dog Training North Chicago, Waukegan IL
We have two small female beagle mixes that were (to put it mildly) a little unruly and not always obedient. Both are very good dogs, but they were more preoccupied with goofing around with each other than listening to my wife and me. Additionally there were a couple of food aggression incidents that concerned us. Brad did an extensive phone interview with my wife, so he had a good understanding of what was going on before he even came to our house. When he arrived for our session, the training started the minute he stepped inside the house. Izzy and Layla greeted him by jumping on him, and he got them to stop almost immediately. Brad sat with us and took us through the Barkbuster method and thoroughly answered all of our questions. He also educated us on food aggression and "sibling rivalry". Over the next hour, he patiently showed us how to deal with barking and jumping when the doorbell rang, leash manners and other corrective actions. I was amazed at how well the techniques worked and the way both dogs responded to us in such a short amount of time. As Brad told us, the key is to be consistent in the way we handle the dogs, so we now understand that although the techniques work, it is up to us to make certain we don't let Izzy and Layla's new found manners slip away over time. In summary, Brad is an excellent trainer (of both dogs and their humans) and the Bark Busters philosophy, methods and tools seem to work very well - and FAST! Only time will tell whether we've been truly successful, but after only a couple of days we can honestly say we are off to fantastic start thanks to Brad and Bark Busters.Jeff R.September 17 2016
og Training Waukegan IL, North Chicago, South Central Lake County!
Are you frustrated or embarrassed by your dog's behavior? There is a way to resolve ANY bad behavior - choosing a dog training program like Bark Busters that really works!
Together we'll work to resolve bad dog behaviors, including:
- Dog aggression
- Dog barking
- Dog chewing
- Dog digging
- Dog housebreaking or potty training
- Separation anxiety
- Sibling rivalry
How We Train
There are many dog training programs available, but none have had the success of Bark Busters nationwide ... more than 1 million dogs successfully trained. Our dog training success depends on:
- In Home Training. I come to your home and train your dog. Why in home training? Home is where your dogs are most comfortable and most receptive to changing unwanted behaviors. It's also where most of the bad behaviors occur.
- Personalized Dog Training. Group dog training classes are a "one size fits all." Bark Busters develops a tailored dog training program specifically to address YOUR dog's behavioral issues.
- Positive Dog Training. Too many dog training programs rely on treat training, shock collars or harsh methods. At Bark Busters we'll teach you how to be the "leader of the pack" using voice commands and body language. Dogs use body language for 80% of their communication, so it makes sense to use these same methods to communicate back to them.
- No limitations. I have never met a dog I couldn't train - any dog, any age, any size. Together, we will make sure you have a well-behaved dog ... guaranteed!
- Unprecedented Guarantee. The Bark Busters guarantee simply states that if youcarry out the training instructions provided at our training lesson, myself or anotherBark Busters dog behavioral therapist (in case you move) will work with you for the life of the dog at no additional charge
Who I Am
After over 25 successful years as a wholesale live Maine Lobster supplier in the Chicago area, and needing a change for the second half of my life, my fact-finding mission brought me to Bark Busters Home Dog Training. Being familiar with different dog training styles, I could appreciate the Bark Busters dog obedience methods and its impressive successes. Therefore, I had no need to look further.
To put it simply - I am passionate about what I do. Being a professional dog trainer and dog behavioral therapist is extremely rewarding as I make a positive difference in the lives of people and their dogs.
Dreams Do Come True.
I will show you how once the leadership role is taken over by the humans in the household, dogs are willing to surrender that role if they feel safe with their humans as the "pack leaders."
In the News . . .
latest from my media library:
- After 29 years in distribution, Palatine man focuses on dogs
- Palatine man turns stubborn dog into new career
Services provided by Brad
- write a review
- my media library
- my customer reviews
- review me on Bing
- review me on Google+
- review me on Yahoo
- review me on Yelp
- contact Brad by e-mail
- Call Brad toll free at 1-877-500-BARK (2275)
- Brad is Pet First Aid & CPR Certified
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.