meet your specialist trainer Brad Howe
Bark Busters Home Dog Training North Chicago, Waukegan IL
My humans are nice people, and they do really love me, but they're just very confused on how to handle dogs. They give me mixed messages, have me lead on walks, or give me attention when I bark at guests. Me and my little brother, Sparky, love them and all... but we needed to get Brad from Bark Busters here so he could properly train them. When Brad first showed up, I did my normal barking routine that my humans had so often encouraged me to do (at least I think they were encouraging me when I bark and they start fussing over me and petting me)... but Brad ignored me. And when he stepped out and back in, and I was about to lead my little brother Sparky in a loud round of barking... Brad sprayed my forehead with a water battle and shouted a loud "Stop" in dog language (it sounds like "Baah" in human speak). I was a little confused at first, but my humans picked it up quickly enough, I'm so proud of them. My humans also needed a lot of training on walks. They would have me lead.. head first right out the door, pulling them along, but then get annoyed when I kept leading the rest of the walk. I'm sure my humans do some things right, but dog-walking is not one of them. Other trainers had tried to teach my humans to walk by bribing me with constant treats the whole way. While that's certainly nice at first, a dignified pup like myself can't be bribed forever. Brad trained my humans to take the lead on the walk, head out the door first, keep me on the left with the leash having flack. Why, he even had to stop 50 times on the short walk in order for them to get it. Most trainers would give up on my humans after 3 or 4 times, and then just try to bribe me with a treat. So now that Brad trained my humans, neither Sparky nor I need to protect them from strange people in our house, or pull them along on walks, or bark loud outside into the night. That Brad fellow was quite a good people-trainer, and he really seems to love us dogs too (he obviously has good taste in which species he hangs out with)... too bad I don't see him much anymore. Some of my other dog friends have their people trainers come for months and even years (which is especially nice because those trainers give us so many treats to be good while they're present). We only saw Brad twice. Oh well, if my humans start getting confused again, Sparky and I will have to get him back over here. Woof woof, Duke and SparkyTim & Sally S.March 27 2017
og Training Waukegan IL, North Chicago, South Central Lake County!
Are you frustrated or embarrassed by your dog's behavior? There is a way to resolve ANY bad behavior - choosing a dog training program like Bark Busters that really works!
Together we'll work to resolve bad dog behaviors, including:
- Dog aggression
- Dog barking
- Dog chewing
- Dog digging
- Dog housebreaking or potty training
- Separation anxiety
- Sibling rivalry
How We Train
There are many dog training programs available, but none have had the success of Bark Busters nationwide ... more than 1 million dogs successfully trained. Our dog training success depends on:
- In Home Training. I come to your home and train your dog. Why in home training? Home is where your dogs are most comfortable and most receptive to changing unwanted behaviors. It's also where most of the bad behaviors occur.
- Personalized Dog Training. Group dog training classes are a "one size fits all." Bark Busters develops a tailored dog training program specifically to address YOUR dog's behavioral issues.
- Positive Dog Training. Too many dog training programs rely on treat training, shock collars or harsh methods. At Bark Busters we'll teach you how to be the "leader of the pack" using voice commands and body language. Dogs use body language for 80% of their communication, so it makes sense to use these same methods to communicate back to them.
- No limitations. I have never met a dog I couldn't train - any dog, any age, any size. Together, we will make sure you have a well-behaved dog ... guaranteed!
- Unprecedented Guarantee. The Bark Busters guarantee simply states that if youcarry out the training instructions provided at our training lesson, myself or anotherBark Busters dog behavioral therapist (in case you move) will work with you for the life of the dog at no additional charge
Who I Am
After over 25 successful years as a wholesale live Maine Lobster supplier in the Chicago area, and needing a change for the second half of my life, my fact-finding mission brought me to Bark Busters Home Dog Training. Being familiar with different dog training styles, I could appreciate the Bark Busters dog obedience methods and its impressive successes. Therefore, I had no need to look further.
To put it simply - I am passionate about what I do. Being a professional dog trainer and dog behavioral therapist is extremely rewarding as I make a positive difference in the lives of people and their dogs.
Dreams Do Come True.
I will show you how once the leadership role is taken over by the humans in the household, dogs are willing to surrender that role if they feel safe with their humans as the "pack leaders."
In the News . . .
latest from my media library:
- After 29 years in distribution, Palatine man focuses on dogs
- Palatine man turns stubborn dog into new career
Services provided by Brad
- write a review
- my media library
- my customer reviews
- review me on Bing
- review me on Google+
- review me on Yahoo
- review me on Yelp
- contact Brad by e-mail
- Call Brad toll free at 1-877-500-BARK (2275)
- Brad is Pet First Aid & CPR Certified
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.