meet your specialist trainer Sharon Kondash
Bark Busters Home Dog Training Prince Georges & Anne Arundel, Laurel, Bowie MD
Sharon is an excellent behaviorist. She has helped us understand, learn, and implement the techniques to train our rescue Lucy. She has helped us immensely! Using the techniques from Bark Busters have given both of our rescues lead a more secure life and made our lives easier too. We follow Sharon's examples and advice and are so pleased with the results for both human and canine! Bark Busters is so much easier to implement than any other method we have experienced. All the techniques demonstrated make sense and are easy to remember. The paperwork left w/ us helps when we need that refresher. Since Sharon comes into our home and shows us how to problem solve, we have been more successful in helping Lucy be a more confident and calm companion than we expected. The techniques are never harsh or frightening. We are glad to have been told about Bark Busters and so very grateful to Sharon for helping us train the Aussie way!. Thanks!Noreen KrispinNovember 1 2012
Best Dog Training Laurel MD, Bowie,
Prince Georges & Anne Arundel Counties
As a Master Dog Trainer and Certified Dog Behavioral Therapist for over 6 years, I have successfully trained more than 1500 dogs throughout the local area surrounding Crofton, Bowie, Fort Meade, Severn, Odenton, Gambrills, Laurel, Upper Marlboro and Glen Burnie. My services are recommended by roughly 30 veterinary offices. I've never met a dog I couldn't train, so I am 100% certain I can help you train yours! There is no dog behavior that is impossible to change. If someone has told you that it's too late or that your dog is not trainable, they just haven't learned how. On a daily basis, I help forge healthier and happier relationships between dogs and their owners when things have gone wrong. Often I help resolve issues that other dog training methods have failed to address.
I also routinely help proactive, new dog owners ensure that their relationship with their dog will be great from the start! I truly enjoy helping families mold or change their dog's behavior to fit in better with their families and to be well-mannered, happy and obedient companions. It's very rewarding to know that I've helped so many dogs avoid having to be given up (re-housed or, worse yet, euthanized.) And the dogs are relieved to be better understood too!
After years climbing the corporate ladder, and then successfully running my own design business, I began to search for that elusive dream of having a career that I'd truly love. I have definitely achieved that thanks to a professional consulting company who matched me with Bark Busters Home Dog Training, the world's largest, most successful dog training company.
A top tier university gave me my start with a fortune 100 company. Years of business experience has taught me how to relate to different people, to identify problems and solutions, to map out successful strategies and to coach people. But the extensive training with Bark Busters has given me the skills to think from a dog's perspective, to diagnose and address behavior issues, and to communicate clearly with dogs. I can transfer those skills to you!
It took me years to master the range of dog temperaments and the breadth of dog behavior issues. But you may only need a few hours of my help to learn what your particular dog or dogs need.You are the key to your dog's behavior. No one can train for you. I can teach you what to do, why to do it, using a tailored plan that you can implement to get the results. With a free consultation, you have nothing to lose. Your dog will thank you.
- In home training - I come to you! Your home, yard and neighborhood are where your dog issues actually occur. Free of unusual distractions, your dog will quickly learn to follow your house rules, such as housebreaking, not charging the door, jumping on visitors, counter surfing, chewing on or stealing inappropriate things, nuisance barking, getting into the trash, attention demanding or bothering other family members or pets, fussing when left alone or getting anxious when you are about to leave, pulling its leash on walks, escaping, etc. Our in-home, private training allows your dog to focus on you as a trusted leader where behaviors count. We start in the home, but all outdoor behavior training is included too! I'll help you safely and positively achieve socialization with other dogs and people in public settings avoiding or reversing aggression, fear and low confidence.
- Personalized dog training - no "one size fits all" like group dog training or puppy training classes. I develop a personalized one-on-one lesson plan based on your dog's particular personality, perspective and your goals. You'll learn how to read your dog's reactions and adjust your communication as needed depending on how your dog is responding.
- Positive dog training - no shock collars, pain, intimidation or clickers.Unlike some trainers, we at Bark Busters don't use harsh techniques or bribe with food to extort good behavior. Our dog training focuses on using dogs' natural instincts to work toward a win -win situation for you and your dog. Trust, clear communication and understanding each other produces longer lasting results than treat training or force.
- Effective dog training. You will learn more in our first training lesson and get better results than in group classes that last six weeks. Plus, it's more intuitive to dogs and keeps working after puppyhood. Many of my clients only need one or two visits to learn what to do and what not to do. You'll be amazed at what your dog will be able to do once you learn to "speak dog" and think like a dog. The teaching is so thorough and effective, I offer unlimited lessons. This means I'll return as many times as you need at no extra cost after the first lesson. You will know how to reinforce and make advancements on your own schedule. I will return in person when you feel you need more coaching or if new issues arise. No predetermined meeting schedule is needed. You set appointments when you need them. In between sessions, I also help clients over the phone or by email.
- Speak Dog - Dogs don't understand English any better than Japanese. So it's no wonder they can't immediately understand your verbal commands. Dog's can learn commands. But usually, without the kind of help provided by Bark Busters, dogs struggle through confusing mixed signals (human timing and body langue that often say the exact opposite of what your words say). Without the kind of help offered by Bark Busters, most dogs feel more misunderstood, less safe and less bonded with their owners than with our training. Training that isn't customized to your dog amounts to trial and error. Don't yell, bribe with treats, or put up with behavior issues when you can learn to clearly communicate after one meeting with Bark Busters. You should learn your dog's language not the other way around. This is especially true if your dog is young, stressed, or seems resistant to what you have already tried. I will teach you to communicate using the language your dog already understands. You will learn how to use your body language and voice tones to get your dog to focus on you and respond to your directions.
Life of the Dog Guarantee.Our Life-Of-The-Dog Guaranteegoes wherever you and your dog go! Bark Busters is the only company with National Support & Unlimited Training. This guarantee is automatically transferred. It stays with your dog even if you move - or- if your dog is temporarily or permanently re-housed!
Resolving Dog Behavioral IssuesOur dog training program covers the following dog obedience issues:
- Attention demanding
- Basic obedience commands (come, sit, stay, leave it, drop it, fetch, ect.)
- Leash pulling
- Running away
- Separation anxiety
- Sibling rivalry - tensions / fights with other dogs in the household
- Socializing with other dogs outside of the household
- Respecting cats or other pets
- Focus & listening
- Improving confidence
- Boundaries indoors and outdoors
- Not rushing the door, visitors or kids
- Preparing for a new baby or a change in the household
- All Paws Veterinary Center, Marlboro, MD
- Belair Veterinary Hospital, Bowie, MD
- Fort Meade Veterinary Clinic, Fort Meade, MD
- Gambrills Veterinary Clinic, Gambrills, MD
- Highway Veterinary Hospital, Bowie, MD
- Noah's Ark Veterinary Boarding and Grooming, Anne Arundel County
- Odenton Veterinary Hospital, Odenton, MD
- Severn Square Veterinary Hospital, Severn, MD
- Veterinary Housecall Service, Crofton, MD
- Waugh Chapel Animal Hospital, Gambrills, MD
Services provided by Sharon
- One to one in home dog training
- Individual puppy management
- Adult dog training classes
- Puppy training school
- Dog behavior seminars
- write a review
- my customer reviews
- review me on Google+
- review me on Yahoo
- review me on Yelp
- contact Sharon by e-mail
- Call Sharon toll free at 1-877-500-BARK (2275) or local (443) 822-0662
- Sharon is Pet First Aid & CPR Certified
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.