meet your specialist trainers Ray & Nikki Reyes
Bark Busters Home Dog Training West Los Angeles, Calabasas, Santa Monica region
Best Dog Training Calabasas CA, Santa Monica West Los Angeles region
Who's In Charge - You or Your Dog?
Unfortunately, in most cases it's your dog. He doesn't listen and you can't understand why. You're speaking in English, but you might as well be speaking in Greek!
In my eight years as a Los Angeles dog trainer, I have successfully trained more than 700 dogs in the West Los Angeles area including Calabasas, Canoga Park, Encino, Fillmore, Los Angeles, Malibu, Moorpark, North Hollywood, Pacific Palisades, Reseda, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Tarzana, Topanga, Valley Village, Van Nuys, Winnetka, and Woodland Hills.
How? The Bark Busters Home Dog Training method has succeeded where other methods have failed because we teach you to communicate with your dog in a language he understands. We teach you to "speak dog" versus your dog trying to speak human, so you can establish yourself as the "leader of the pack".
What We Can Do For Dog Owners
- In Home Training. I come to you! Your home, yard and neighborhood are where most dog issues actually occur because that's where he is most comfortable. Free of unusual distractions, your dog will learn to start obeying your house rules and you'll learn his language versus the other way around.
- Positive Reinforcement. The Bark Busters system is a positive, non-physical (no choke, pinch, prong or shock collars) natural approach (no clickers) to dog behavior modification based on understanding and clear communication.
- Personalized Dog Training. Puppy classes often fail because they try to address a myriad of "average" dog issues in a "one size fits all" environment. At Bark Busters, we tailor a program to meet YOUR dog's personality and temperment and YOUR goals. Trust, clear communication and understanding each other produces longer lasting results than treat training or force.
- Speak Dog. Dogs can learn commands. But usually, without the kind of help provided by Bark Busters, dogs struggle through confusing mixed signals (human timing and body language that often say the exact opposite of what your words say). Using your vocal commands and body language, I teach you how to be the "leader of the pack" in a language he understands. You'll be amazed at what your dog will be able to do once you learn to "speak dog" and think like a dog.
- See Results. Our first lesson will last approximately 3 - 4 hours with any lingering issues being addressed in future lessons. If you reinforce our techniques 10 - 15 minutes a day, you'll be amazed how quickly your dog will learn to respond.
- Vet Recommended. Many vet clinics and other dog related businesses in the area recommend Bark Busters because of our proven results.
What West Los Angeles Dog Behavioral Issues We Can Solve
- Attention seeking
- Basic Dog Obedience
- Leash Pulling
- Obsessive/compulsive behaviors
- Over exuberance
- Puppy training
- Separation Anxiety
- Sibling Rivalry
Meet Your Dog Owners - Nikki and Raymond Reyes
When we first brought home our adorable beagle Hunter, we knew we were headed for trouble. He got his head stuck in a dryer vent, barked frantically, jumped all over us, and pulled like mad on his leash. So we did what most people do - took him to a puppy obedience class. Unfortunately, his behaviors did not change.
After learning the Bark Busters method, our now 9-year-old beagle is well behaved. We can walk him on a leash without pulling, and he is no longer the scourge of the neighborhood with his incessant barking. And with his 8-year-old sister Ally, there is no sibling rivalry.
We can do the same for your dog. It's easy, it's fun and it's definitely not as hard as learning a second foreign language! There's no need to put up with annoying behaviors. By reinforcing our techniques just 10 - 15 minutes a day, you will have the happy, well-behaved family pet you want.
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.