meet your specialist trainer Avram Machtiger
Bark Busters Master Dog Trainer Pittsburgh PA
Best Dog Training Pittsburgh PA
Are you angry or frustrated by your dog's behavior? Ready to tear your hair out over his barking and misbehaving?
Worry no more - I'll make sure your Pittsburgh dog training is stress free and gives you the well behaved dog you want.
I have successfully trained hundreds of dogs throughout our Greater Pittsburgh region, including Pittsburgh, its Eastern suburbs, North Hills, South Hills, Moon and Robinson, and communities in Allegheny, Westmoreland, Beaver and Washington Counties. I also have some availability to do lessons in Bedford and Blair Counties. Our services are highly recommended by many veterinary offices as well.
There is no dog behavior that is impossible to change - it's never too late! On a daily basis, I help forge healthier and happier relationships between dogs and their owners when things have gone wrong. Often I help resolve issues that other dog training methods have failed to address.
What Bark Busters Pittsburgh Can Do For Your Dog
- In home training - where your dog is the most comfortable, less stressed, most receptive and most likely to display bad behaviors.
- Personalized dog training - no "one size fits all" like dog training or puppy training classes. I develop a personalized one-on-one lesson plan based on your dog's particular issues and your goals.
- Positive dog training - no shock collars or clickers. Our dog training is humane and produces longer lasting results than treat training or force.
- Effective dog training. Our first lessons will run approximately 2 - 2.5 hours with any lingering issues addressed in follow-up sessions. You'll be amazed at the results and the difference in your dog's behavior after one lesson!
- Communicating with your dog - You will learn more in our first training lesson and get better results than in group classes that last six weeks. Plus, our dog training method is more intuitive to dogs and keeps working long after puppyhood. Many of our clients only need one or two visits to learn what to do and what not to do. You'll be amazed at what your dog will be able to do once you learn to "speak dog" and think like a dog.
- Life of the Dog Guarantee. This guarantee simply states that if you carry out the training instructions provided at our dog training lesson, myself or another Bark Busters therapist (in case you move) will work with you for the life of the dog at no additional charge. Restrictions apply.
Our Pittsburgh dog training can help you resolve:
- Aggressive behavior
- Basic obedience (sit, stay. Down, come)
- Chewing, digging
- Housebreaking, marking, toilet training
- Jumping up
- Over excitement or obsessive/compulsive disorders
- Pulling on the leash and walking to heel
- Separation anxiety
- Sibling rivalry
- And MORE!
Meet Your Pittsbugh Dog Trainer - Avram Machtiger
At Bark Busters Pittsburgh, we live across from a large park. Our three dogs used to charge out the door into the backyard barking at walkers, runners, dogs, kids on bikes, whatever and whomever were in view or sound range, accompanied by our ever-escalating "No barking, quiet, hey, stop" routines. Now, thanks to Bark Busters professional dog training, they hang out in the yard and generally let everything go by. One neighbor even recently said, "Do you still have dogs?" We pointed to the yard; there they were...!
Too often dog owners want to get rid of their dog for a "good dog". Dogs are not born good or bad - they all want discipline and to learn the house rules. They want to please you - they just don't know how until you both are on the same page.
I had a beautiful dog named Neptune who taught me a lot about rescued and aggressive dogs. There is no doubt he was a challenge, but with the right amount of patience and love, he turned into a well-trained dog and a beloved family pet.
As a Bark Busters master dog trainer, I bring a varied background to you and our work together. I have taught kids in a psychiatric hospital, worked with children, adolescents and families as a therapist in community mental health, directed fundraising, and managed training in health and human services, education, and business. I teach with ease and inclusion to you and family members of all ages.
Call me -- Avram Machtiger - your Pittsburgh neighborhood dog trainer - so you too can have a well-behaved pet. If your dog could talk, he would tell you to do so!
latest from my media library:
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.