meet your specialist trainers Barbara & John Fassett
Bark Busters Home Dog Training Dutchess County, Poughkeepsie NY
Our experience with Barbara Fassett has been exceptional. ! Barbara is a highly effective trainer who possesses admirable personal characteristics that immediately instill both comfort and confidence. She began training Mia , our beloved Blue Merle Collie when she was three months old and continues working with us as our puppy turns seven Months on Nov. 8th. During that time, Barbara has competently trained Mia and educated us as puppy owners. Barbara has provided our family with the skill and resources to train Mia in a confident and loving manner. The outcomes are measurable in that Mia understands and obeys all commands that ensure her safety and well being. Barbara also taught us how to keep a sense of humor and enjoy Mia as she will grow up quickly ! I can honestly say we couldn't have progressed this far without Barbara's dedication , professionalism , knowledge . skill and kindness. We look forward to many happy and rewarding years with Mia and will always be appreciative of Barbara's assistance. As an educator I I highly recommend Barbara Fassett and the Bark Busters program.Robert H.October 20 2016
Best Dog Training Poughkeepsie NY and surrounding areas, Dutchess County
Are you frustrated by your dog's annoying behaviors? Do you worry that your dog's behavior could result in injury to someone or cause you to become involved in legal action?
As dog trainers with Bark Busters Home Dog Training for more than 7 years, we have successfully trained more than 650 dogs throughout the local area including Amenia, Annandale, Bangall, Barrytown, Beacon, Billings, Castle Point, Chelsea, Clinton Corners, Dover Plains, Esopus, Fishkill, Glenham, Highland, Holmes, Hopewell Junction, Hughsonville, Hyde Park, Lagrangeville, Lake Katrine, Livingston, Millbrook, Millerton, Milton, Newburgh, Pawling, Pine Plains, Pleasant Valley, Port Ewen, Poughkeepsie, Poughquag, Red Hook, Rhinebeck, Rhinecliff, Rosendale, Salt Point, Saugerties, Staatsburg, Stanfordville, Stormville, Tivoli, Verbank, Wappingers Falls, Wassaic and Wingdale, West Hurley, West Park and Woodstock.
Every day we help dog owners in Dutchess County and the surrounding area have the loyal and well behaved dog that they want; dogs who are happier members of our families!
How do we KNOW our dog training methods will work? BarkBusters has successfully trained 1 million dogs worldwide - and has been successful where other dog training methods failed.
Here's What You Can Expect from Our Dutchess County Dog Training
- Home Dog Training. We will come into your home for private dog training lessons. Your home is the most comfortable place for your dog and often where most of the bad behaviors occur. Free of unusual distractions, your dog will quickly learn to follow your house rules when it comes to housebreaking, barking, and leash pulling! Then we'll go outside and I'll help you safely and positively achieve socialization with other dogs and people in public settings avoiding or reversing aggression, fear and low confidence.
- Positive Reinforcement. Our first dog training session will take approximately 3 hours. The Bark Busters system is a positive, non-physical (no choke, pinch, prong or shock collars) natural approach (no clickers) to dog behavior modification based on understanding and clear communication. Every dog is an individual with their own personalities, temperaments and experiences. We tailor the solution to fit the circumstances. Follow up sessions are conducted to address any lingering problems. You'll be amazed at the results after only one lesson!
- Effective Communication. Dogs can't speak English, so it's no wonder they can't understand our verbal commands. We will teach you how to communicate with your dog in a language he understands. You will learn how to use your body language and vocal communication to get your dog to focus on you and respond to your directions. By reinforcing our dog training techniques 20 minutes/day, you will soon have a well-mannered and obedient dog.
- No limitations. We will help you train any dog, any age, any breed. Together, we will make sure you have a well-behaved dog ... guaranteed!
- Life of the Dog Guarantee. Our Life-Of-The-Dog Guarantee goes wherever you and your dog go! Bark Busters is the only company with National Support & Unlimited Training. This guarantee is automatically transferred. It stays with your dog even if you move - or- if your dog is re-housed!
As professional dog obedience trainers throughout Dutchess County, we can help you with a variety of dog behavioral and dog obedience issues including:
- Obsessive behaviors
- Separation anxiety
- Leash pulling
- Puppy training
- Baby/child safety
- Separation anxiety
- Sibling rivalry
Meet Your Dutchess County Dog Trainers - John & Barbara Fassett
Just like small children, dogs want discipline and a routine.There is no such thing as a "bad" dog - there are just dogs that misunderstand the commands you are giving. We will help you and your dog to be on the same page and restore peace in your house!
We're looking forward to hearing from you and to helping you make your dog a happier member of your family.
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.