meet your specialist trainer Joanne Rice
In Home Dog Training Greater Tampa Bay FL - Brandon, Riverview, Lutz & Wesley Chapel
I cannot praise Joanne's skills enough. We brought home a 4 yr old shih tzu from the Humane Society. He was not house broken, was not good on a leash, had aggression issues. We were afraid to let anyone touch him that came to the house First time i took him to the vet she came to greet him and he snapped. We wanted to keep him but were desperate what to do. We called and got an appointment with Joanne. She worked with us the first lesson on his issues gave us lots of good guidelines and training methods but more than that something about her makes the dog understand he started to change after that first lesson. He is now our precious little Poppie. Using the training he is house broken, he is so changed when I took him to the Vet all they could do is remark how he is a totally different dog. He was friendly let everyone pet him. The transition is remarkable. We had her back once as he was still having some aggression towards other dogs when walking on a lease and he has improved in this area also. I would highly recommend Joanne to anyone she is remarkable.Marrquita O.January 12 2017
Best Dog Training Tampa Bay Southeast.
- Did you just get a new puppy?
- Have you recently adopted a rescue dog?
- Do you have a dog with problem behaviors?
- Have you tried other trainers or training methods that have not gotten you the results you want?
If you are on this page, then you are probably looking for help. I can help with any behavior issue:
- Pulling on leash
- Jumping up
- Separation anxiety
- Toileting problems
- Front door manners
- Not coming when called
- Over exuberance and attention seeking
- Chewing and destruction
- Excessive mouthing/play biting
- Sibling rivalry (dogs in the household fighting with each other)
- Nuisance barking
- Aggressive behavior toward people or other dogs
- Basic obedience, and more.
Most of these issues cannot be addressed in a group class at a facility or park, they need to be addressed where they occur in your every-day life.I do in-home, private behavioral and obedience dog training because that is where we can get the most attention from the dog, it's where most problems occur, and it's where we can obtain the fastest results. Clients see results literally in the very first session! Just read my testimonials and you will see how many clients comment about this.
Our training methods are non-physical, utilizing canine communication. It is an easy to learn, extremely effective holistic approach using voice control, body language and pack leadership techniques. We do not use shock collars, prong collars, or check chains. You will not become a treat dispenser for your dog .I will teach you how to communicate with your dog through proper body language and voice tone, thus helping you establish a strong bond and build respect and a strong relationship with your dog.
No need to wait until your puppy has had all of its shots. Many veterinarians recommend that you do not take your puppy to public places until it has had all its vaccinations and is fully immune. The most impressionable period in a puppy's life is about 8 to 14 weeks of age. By the time it has had all the shots, that period has passed, and your puppy may have already developed bad habits. It's best to start training as soon as you get your puppy, and with in-home training, you can. You and your puppy can start learning and developing a strong bond right away.
Vet Recommended. Many vet clinics, and other dog-related businesses in the area, have experienced our techniques and are very comfortable recommending Bark Busters. I have worked with many staff members and their dogs from various facilities over the years.
Training can be fun. Your dog likes the attention and interaction and you will feel a sense of accomplishment as you and your dog form a better relationship and make continued progress. The techniques are easy to learn and simple to use. You won't need to spend a lot of time practicing each day. The new techniques you will learn, which become a way of life, will enable you to maintain your dog's good behavior.
- I am certified by Bark Busters at the Master Level
- I am certified through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainersas a CPDT-KA
- I am a Professional Member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- I am a Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- I am certified to work with those who have received citations from Hillsborough and Pasco county animal services
I cover the Greater Tampa Bay area which includes: Apollo Beach, Brandon, Carrollwood (33624) Dade City, Dover, Gibsonton, Land O Lakes, Lithia, Lutz, Northdale, Plant City, Riverview, Ruskin, San Antonio, Seffner, Sun City Center, Tampa (New Tampa) Valrico, Wesley Chapel, and Zephyrhills.
Have more than one dog? Discounts are available for multi-dog households.
Visit my personal Dog Training Tampa Website
- Bloomingdale Animal Hospital, Valrico
- C.A.R.E. Animal Shelter, Ruskin
- Camp Bow Wow Tampa South Shore, Riverview
- Care Animal Hospital, Brandon
- Dade City Animal Clinic, Dade City
- Fox & Friends Animal Hospital, Sun City Center Fl
- Quail Hollow Animal Hospital, Wesley Chapel
- Santa Cruz Animal Clinic, Brandon
- Timberlane Pet Hospital and Resort, Plant City
- Veterinary Center at Fish Hawk, Lithia
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.