Fun Ways to Celebrate Spoil Your Dog Day - Dog Training Tips
Without a doubt, our dog is probably the most spoiled creature in our household! Not bratty spoiled because he is very well behaved. Just well-loved, like every dog should be!
August 10 is "Spoil Your Dog Day", so I thought of 10 fun ideas to pamper your dog or puppy!
- Attention. Probably the thing your dog loves most is your attention. If you can't give her your undivided attention all day, set aside some special time where you put your cell phone down and turn off the TV.
- Food. Does your dog love to eat? Make him some homemade pup cake treats or buy them from a local bakery. If you don't have the time or desire to cook, check your local business directory to see if there are any local bakeries that make special treats for dogs.
- Toys. Most dogs love toys and like children, they tire of them rather quickly. Buy your dog a new GameChanger that will keep him busy for days! Fill it with nutritious treats and your dog will spend hours getting both physical and mental stimulation.
- Exercise. If you say the word "exercise", neither I nor my dog will like it. However, say the word "walk" and my dog is raring to go! Go a new route so she has different sites and smells ... think of how many bushes she has yet to explore.
- Grandma's. Both my kids and dogs love going to Grandma's. Why? Because she always has on hand dog treats and cookies and provides lots of attention or belly rubs.
- Belly rubs. I love massages so it makes sense my dog loves belly rubs. He could lay there for hours with his paws in the air and a goofy grin on his face.