Just wanted to take a moment to send you a note of thanks. We haven't seen you in about 4 months, but wanted you to know what a huge impact you have had on us and helping to train our dog, Bentley!
Bentley is a new dog these days. His leash aggression is about 85% gone... the other 15% is still a work in progress. He does have some instances that catch us off guard sometimes when a dog is being aggressively forward with him, but he is quick to correct. Water bombs are still our go to when needed as he reacts very well to them. We still use them whenever we visit a new place to help put him in a submissive state when needed. We can literally just show him that we have one in our backpack and we won't even need to use it. We have been working really hard with him over the last 6 months and have seen SUCH a difference! We have enjoyed a lot of family outings and hikes in the past several months with the cooler weather... many of which have been in VERY close proximity to many different types of dogs and he's done great!
However, most of the time, corrections are not needed these days and we are so thankful to you for that. Bentley is very obedient, comes when he is called, and is getting over his shyness is public little by little. He almost always looks us in the eye now when he senses something off and reacts well to whatever we tell him to do.
Yesterday, we were out and about a lot in this beautiful weather. We visited a nursery to get some new plants for our backyard and everyone there was complimenting how well trained and behaved his was. He even let the store owner give him a scratch down. His ears were perked and happy almost the whole time we were there... much different than his typical ears back, low walk, scardy-cat posture he usually puts off. Then we headed over to Lowe's to pick up a few more things in the outdoor section for our backyard, and again, so many compliments. He even saw a dog there and had absolutely no reaction to it because he looked at us and we told him to leave it. Amazing. The cashier was complementing him so much and it just made me realize how grateful we are for you. I needed to tell you.
It hasn't been an easy road with this one, but we put in the hard work and listened to the guidelines that you taught us, and it has all paid off. Thank you for being so patient with him, and with us. =) THANK YOU for what you do! We couldn't have done it without you!
We are planning on getting a puppy friend for him next summer, so I'm sure we will be calling you then. =)
Until then, thanks again for everything! We appreciate you! You have made such a difference in our lives!
Kristyn & Aaron G.
Bark Busters dealt with Aggression, Hyperactivity, Jumping up, Pulling