July 30 2015
Many dog owners put up with annoying or nuisance behaviors because
it is easier to ignore it than do something about it. Or maybe you think it can't be changed.
As the kids head back to school, maybe it's time for your dog to get some additional
training as well. Time and time again, our Bark Busters dog trainers have
helped dog owners overcome these top 10 annoying dog behaviors. These are
habits that are perfectly acceptable in the canine world, but not among us
Regardless of his/her age, breed or size, Bark Busters has the
solutions to help you overcome these problem behaviors.
- Jumping on people. Do your guests get
by your dog?
- Incessant barking. Dogs bark for a
is your dog trying to tell you? No one wants to be the owner of that dog in the
neighborhood that everyone hates because it won't
- Humping. Does your dog try and hump other dogs, your
legs, or his favorite stuffed toy? Mounting behavior is usually not about sex.
- Barging through the door first.
Does your dog like to show who the big dog is by insisting on being the first
out the door?
- Licking. Some people love dog kisses but others may not
like to be drooled upon by your dog.
- Drinking from the toilet.
Does your dog understand the toilet is not one big water dish?
- Stealing food off the table or begging. Finding
it hard to resist those adorable eyes as they beg for food at the dinner table?
- Chewing. When you leave home are your shoes safe?
- Taking over the furniture.
Your friends may not like it when your dog is climbing all over them as they
sit on your couch to relax.
- Digging. Is your dog a four-legged bulldozer?
You may find some of these behaviors endearing, but if you want
to have a well-mannered dog, and a great family pet, you can help your dog stop
these frustrating behaviors sooner rather than later.