meet your specialist trainers Joan & John Grosskettler
Bark Busters Home Dog Training Severna Park, Annapolis, Anne Arundel County areas.
What Bark Busters Home Dog TrainingAnne Arundel County Can Do For You and Your Dog
If you had to describe your feelings toward your dog in three words or less, what would you say? Do angry, embarrassed, and frustrated sound familiar? Don't stress any longer; you have come to the right place: Bark Busters of Anne Arundel County. During our 7 years as dog trainers, we have trained more than 1,800 dogs throughout Anne Arundel County, including Annapolis, Arnold, Crofton, Churchton, Crownsville, Davidsonville, Deal, Eastport Edgewater, Gambrills, Gibson Island, Glen Burnie, Harwood, Millersville, Pasadena, Severna Park, Riva and neighboring counties.
We know we can successfully change any bad behaviors in your dog. How are we so confident? Because the Bark Busters training system has succeeded where other dog training methods have failed,
Here's how the Bark Buster's training system works:
- In Home Training . All training occurs in and around your home. Why do we train in your home? The home is where your dog is most comfortable, less stressed, most receptive and most likely to display bad behaviors! Once you both understand the basics, we'll introduce distractions to solidify your dog's obedience and make sure you can maintain control no matter what situation arises.
- Personalized Dog Training. Every dog is different and his/her behaviors are somewhat unique. Our first lesson will last approximately 2 to 3 hours ... you'll see immediate changes in your dog's behavior! Follow ups lessons can address any lingering problems. We will develop a personalized lesson plan based on your goals. Unlike dog training classes, our training is not "one size fits all."
- Positive Reinforcement. Our dog training system is shock collar free, clicker free and gimmick free ... no harsh methods for us.
- Speak Dog. We teach you to "speak dog." We will teach you a method of communication that your dog already understands, based on canine communication, body language, and pack leadership. You will learn how to use your body language and vocal communication to get your dog to focus on you and respond to your direction based on a relationship of mutual trust and respect.
Resolving Dog Behavioral Issues
Bark Busters Home Dog Training can help you resolve the following behavioral/obedience issues:
- Leash pulling
- Running away
- Separation anxiety
- Sibling rivalry
Meet John & Joan Grosskettler - Your Anne Arundel County Dog Trainers.
Take some time now and take our Bark Busters Behavior Rating Quiz. Our greatest joy is to see dogs with a "D" or "F" rocket back to an "A" dog. We get great satisfaction seeing the WOW factor during training.
Ideally, no dogs would be abandoned or relinquished because of bad behavior. Too many dog owners trade in their dog in hopes of replacing him or her with a "good dog."
Over a lifetime of working with dogs, we have experienced all types of behavior problems and different personalities of dogs. With this knowledge and experience, we are dedicated to achieving positive results with you and your dog and are happy to help our clients in every way possible.
We provide a complete and balanced approach to training our clients by teaching you to engage with your dog by optimizing relationship, obedience and behavior. The result is a deeper relationship between human and dog based on trust and respect which in turn produces a happier and more obedient dog.
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.