meet your specialist trainers Richard & Vicki Horowitz
Bark Busters Home Dog Training New Haven CT, Milford, Waterbury
Richard was excellent! During our first session, I saw Aggie responding in a way I didn't think she could. I already feel much less anxiety knowing that we have a plan and an end goal. Richard is gentle yet firm and I am very excited to continue working together to take care of the issues I have been having with my dogs.Lorri C.October 15 2016
Best Dog Training Milford CT, New Haven, Waterbury areas, in Southern Connecticut!
You have taken the first step toward obtaining reliable dog training information from Bark Busters of Southern Connecticut that will result in "Happy Dogs = Happy Families!"
We are also pet owners who have loved pets since we were "kids." As dog owners for well over twenty-five years, our pets have always been special family members who bring joy and happiness to our home and those around them.
On a personal note, Richard has a bachelor's degree in Information Systems and a master's degree in Business. He has held a variety of management positions in a public utility company and most recently as the vice president and chief operating officer for a non-profit senior housing community. Based on his experiences, Richard looks forward to using his effective communication and people skills to further improve the bond between dogs and their owners.
Vicki has a bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy and has been working with school aged children for over twenty years. As a therapist in the school system, Vicki is excited to be able to utilize her skills and patience to improve the relationship between people and their dogs.
So why the change? For some time, we had contemplated opening our own business. We did extensive research and investigated several service-oriented businesses. It was suggested that we consider an opportunity which allowed us to help people deal with their pets and do something that we would find both gratifying and rewarding. We were very impressed by Bark Busters' commitment to providing quality and humane pet friendly dog training techniques, unparalleled customer service and a guaranteed life time support option.
Visit our Dog Training New Haven & Southern Connecticut Website
Our mission is to provide the means for all "family members" to live "peacefully" together. This will be accomplished through a unique dog training system that combines voice commands and body language to ensure good dog obedience.
As professional dog behavioral therapists/dog trainers, we can help you with a variety of dog behavioral and dog obedience issues including:
- Dog barking
- Dog biting
- Dog jumping
- Dog aggression
- Dog housebreaking, especially through puppy training
- Dog separation anxiety
- Dog destructiveness
- Baby/child safety
How does Bark Busters of Southern Connecticut accomplish this?? We don't believe in shock collars or coercive dog training measures. We teach you how to communicate with your dog using pack mentality. With consistency and follow through, you will see quick improvements in your dog's behavior.
So if you are experiencing behavioral issues with your mature dog or puppy or need obedience training for any breed. Call Bark Busters of southern Connecticut and let's get started TODAY!
- Ansonia-Westfield Veterinary Hospital, Ansonia, CT
- Baybrook (VCA) Animal Hospital, Milford, CT
- Companion Animal Hospital, Milford, CT
- Orange Veterinary Hospoital, Orange, CT
- Oxford Veterinary Hospital, Oxford, CT
- Pond Point Animal Hospital, Milford, CT
- Post Road Veterinary Clinic, Orange, CT
- Snowflake Pet Center, Milford, CT
- Southbury Veterinary Hospital, Southbury, CT
- The Barking Lot, Hamden, CT
latest from our media library:
- Spring has Sprung
- Learning to Communicate Has Its Challenges - The Bulletin
- Pets less pampered - an interview by Quinnipiac University
- No bark, no bite, no problem - MIlford Weekly
- WPKN Radio Show - "Sit, Stay, Listen"
Services provided by Richard & Vicki
- write a review
- our media library
- our customer reviews
- review us on Google+
- contact Richard & Vicki by e-mail
- Call Richard & Vicki toll free at 1-877-500-BARK (2275)
- Richard & Vicki are Pet First Aid & CPR Certified
Richard & Vicki recommend:
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.