meet your specialist trainers Richard & Vicki Horowitz
Bark Busters Home Dog Training New London, New Haven CT
Richard was excellent! During our first session, I saw Aggie responding in a way I didn't think she could. I already feel much less anxiety knowing that we have a plan and an end goal. Richard is gentle yet firm and I am very excited to continue working together to take care of the issues I have been having with my dogs.Lorri C.October 15 2016
Best Dog Training New Lonn, New Haven CT and along the Connecticut Shoreline
My family had several dogs while I was growing up, including a series of puppies raised as guide dogs for the blind. This exposure to dog training was evident in my own dogs as Ioften received compliments on their behavior. People passing on the paths bordering three sides of mymother's summer home in Cape Cod frequently commented on how the family dogs -- even when tempted by other dogs -- would respect the split-rail fence boundary long before the electronic fence was available. My favorite picture of my current dog, Alyssa, shows her head over the bottom rail as she watches a flock of wild ducks being fed not ten feet away, focused but resigned to observe. And that was before Bark Busters.
I selected Bark Busters because I was impressed by the depth of the system and the ability to address any problem. My background as a professional engineer taught me how to approach a problem and to use available information to solve it. The most important thing I learned in engineering school was how analyze a problem.
Now, that skill is applied to helping my clients solve problems with their dogs. Every dog, owner and household is different and requires a unique approach. That is the strength of the Bark Buster method: the ability to use the system to achieve what the owner wants to achieve not what the trainer wants to teach. By listening to the owners, defining their needs and using the dog's intelligence, an approach can be found to accommodate virtually any situation.
I receive a lot of satisfaction from helping people with what appear to be insurmountable problems, and I love a challenge.
Let me help with yours
- A Dog's Life, New Haven, CT
- Animal Clinic of Milford, Milford, CT
- Companion Animal Hospital, Groton, CT
- Naugatuck Veterinary Hospital, Naugatuck, CT
- Orange Veterinary Hospoital, Orange, CT
- Oxford Veterinary Hospital, Oxford, CT
- Pet Aesthetics, Southbury, CT
- Southbury Veterinary Hospital, Southbury, CT
- The Barking Lot, Hamden, CT
- West Haven Animal Clinic, West Haven, CT
latest from our media library:
- Spring has Sprung
- Learning to Communicate Has Its Challenges - The Bulletin
- Pets less pampered - an interview by Quinnipiac University
- No bark, no bite, no problem - MIlford Weekly
- WPKN Radio Show - "Sit, Stay, Listen"
Services provided by Richard & Vicki
- write a review
- our media library
- our customer reviews
- review us on Google+
- contact Richard & Vicki by e-mail
- Call Richard & Vicki toll free at 1-877-500-BARK (2275)
- Richard & Vicki are Pet First Aid & CPR Certified
Richard & Vicki recommend:
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.