meet your specialist trainer Dick Messenger
Bark Busters Home Dog Training Southwest Portland
Highly Recommend Dick Messenger with Bark Busters! We were there when Curley was born, so we have been with her since birth. We brought her to our Home when she was seven weeks old. She is a high energy Border Collie, but we just called her Trouble - with a capital T. She was jumping on us causing bleeding arms & legs. She was also chewing on everything in sight - our furniture - door jams, baseboards, cabinets. Shredding our clothing and destroying household decor. Outside was even worse, not only eating/killing the plants and trees, but the rocks in our garden paths. We were going to the Vet frequently for X-rays and to have her stomach pumped. We called Dick Messenger with Bark Busters. He spent two hours with our Curley and at the end of that very first session we had an entirely different collie. We had only a few sessions with Dick and we have this wonderful pet that we love and enjoy. Our Curley is seven years old now and she has turned out to be such a good girl. The other day we called Dick back for a "touch up" as we are taking care of Curley's sister during the weekdays PLUS our grandchildren and small great grandchildren moved in with us, bringing their springer spaniel as well. With three female canines and two preschoolers we were concerned. Dick came right out and Curley instantly responded to Dick again. He was so generous that he took on the other two as well. Again, instantly we had three obedient pets. Dick also incorporated the little girls and all six adults involved. With everyone "on board", under Dick's excellent direction, we are proud of all of our progress. We are so thankful that Dick came into our lives. Without his help our situation had the potential for disaster. We highly recommend Dick Messenger!Glenn R.March 13 2015
Best Dog Training Portland, Hillsboro, Clackamas, Salem, Vancouver.
Are you frustrated by your dog's behavior? Tired of the incessant barking, aggression or leash pulling? Bark Busters Portland Southwest can help you have the well-behaved dog you want. Throughout my 7 years as a professional dog trainer, I have successfully trained 1,000 dogs throughout Portland Southwest including Amity, Aurora, Banks, Beavercreek, Beaverton, Boring, Canby, Carlton, Clackamas, Cloverdale, Cornelius, Dallas, Damascus, Dayton, Donald, Dundee, Eagle Creek, Forest Grove, Gervais, Happy Valley, Hillsboro, Hubbard, Lafayette, McMinnville, Molalla, Mount Angel, Mulino, Newberg, Portland, Saint Paul, Salem, Sherwood, Silverton, Woodburn, Yamhill .
How do I know the Bark Busters dog training method will work? BarkBusters has successfully trained 1 million dogs worldwide - and has been successful where other dog training methods failed.
Here's What You Can Expect from Our Portland Dog Training
- Home Dog Training. There's no "one size fits all" when it comes to dog training. I will come into your home for private dog training lessons. This has proven to be much more successful than obedience classes, where your dog and its issues get lost in the crowd. Your home is the most comfortable place for your dog and often where most of the bad behaviors occur.
- Positive Reinforcement. Our first dog training session will take approximately 3 hours. The Bark Busters system is a positive, non-physical (no choke, pinch, prong or shock collars) natural approach to dog behavior modification based on understanding and clear communication. Every dog is an individual with their own personalities, temperaments and experiences. We tailor the solution to fit the circumstances. Follow up sessions are conducted to address any lingering problems. You'll be amazed at the results after only one lesson!
- Effective Communication. Your dog probably doesn't realize he's misbehaving or understand how frustrated you are with his action. He doesn't understand your rules and he makes bad decisions as a result. Dogs can't speak English, so it's no wonder they can't understand our verbal commands. We will teach you how to communicate with your dog in a language he understands and provide the dog obedience techniques he's craving. You will learn how to use your body language and vocal communication to get your dog to focus on you and respond to your directions. By reinforcing our dog training techniques 20 minutes/day, you will soon have a well-mannered and obedient dog.
- No limitations. We will help you train any dog, any age, any breed. Together, we will make sure you have a well-behaved dog ... guaranteed!
- Life of the Dog Guarantee. Our Life-Of-The-Dog Guaranteegoes wherever you and your dog go! Bark Busters is the only company with National Support & Unlimited Training. This guarantee is automatically transferred. It stays with your dog even if you move - or- if your dog is re-housed!
As professional dog obedience trainers throughout Portland Southwest, I can help you with a variety of dog behavioral and dog obedience issues including:
- Obsessive behaviors
- Separation anxiety
- Leash pulling
- Puppy training
- Baby/child safety
- Separation anxiety
- Sibling rivalry
Meet Your Portland Southwest Dog Trainer - Dick Messenger
Just like small children, dogs want discipline and a routine. There is no such thing as a "bad" dog - there are just dogs that misunderstand the commands you are giving. At Bark Busters, our mission is to help dog owners overcome any behavioral problems with their dogs so they are not abandoned or euthanized.
As a dog owner of both a Labrador retriever and Shi Tzu myself, I know the challenges you face in getting your dog to be the loving and obedient dog you envisioned.
Call me today. Don't tolerate your dog's misbehaviors - it will only frustrate you and your dog!
latest from my media library:
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.