Have You Ever Considered Health Insurance For Your Pet?
August 24 2016
Every day, we hear stories from desperate pet owners struggling to fund the right care for their pet. Mary spent more than $10,000 on cancer treatments for her Labrador. Jeff's Boxer needed a knee replacement which ended up costing more than $5,000. Because our dogs are members of our family, we often want to do everything possible to keep them healthy. You may scrutinize pet food labels to help them eat well, give them plenty of exercise and buy them oodles of toys. Yet despite your best efforts, your dog may fall prey to an illness, get hit by a careless driver, or need surgery, all which can carry a steep price tag. That's where medical insurance for pets comes in. We have insurance for our house, our two-legged family members and even our TVs and mobile phones, so what's different about our pets?
We've seen first-hand how medical insurance for dogs helps protect you from an unexpected financial burden and makes sure you can focus on getting the best care possible for your pooch. Surprisingly it's often overlooked by pet owners - although slowly but surely, that trend is changing and more responsible pet owners are finding out how this can really change the way they take care of their pet. Forever.
That's why Bark Busters recently partnered with Trupanion, one of the largest and fastest growing providers of medical insurance for pets, underwritten by the American Pet Insurance Company. The Trupanion policy brings you the highest level of care, when you need it most. We interviewed various pet insurance companies and found none that offered all of the advantages Trupanion does:
- Choices. You get to pick your veterinarian. Unlike some insurance programs that make you choose from their network, Trupanion lets you choose the vet you trust anywhere throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Any breed. Just like Bark Busters whose slogan is any issue, any breed, Trupanion does not discriminate against ANY breed.
- Direct Pay. They can pay your vet directly - which means you are NEVER out of pocket or have to wait for that reimbursement check to arrive
- Peace of mind. Having medical insurance for your dog allows you to choose treatments for your ailing or injured pet based on the best medical option available versus your family finances at the time. Trupanion pays up to 90% of costs whether your vet bill is $100 or $100,000 - now terms and conditions do apply, but these aren't designed to catch you out.
- Flexibility. You pick your deductible - from $100 to $1,000 - whatever is easiest for your family budget and you can change it at any time
- Prompt. 5% of claims are settled the day they are received - and 80% within 7 days.
- No payout limits. Trupanion won't drop coverage on your pet just because you have submitted a claim or have a pet that is prone to illness.
- No increased rates as your pet ages - perhaps best of all and unlike so many of the other providers, they don't increase your rate every year, just because your pet ages. Their coverage is just like your dog is, for life.
And most importantly? Medical insurance can save or even extend the life of your pet should he need surgery or treatments for a long term illness.
Ask yourself this question: If your dog suffered an emergency today could you come up with the money to save his life? You don't need to worry about that with Trupanion. Doesn't that sound great?
Call 855-532-2942 today and be sure to use the promo code BARKBUSTERS to find out more from Trupanion. They have a unique pet-loving team waiting to take your call and answer your questions.