meet your specialist trainers James & Michelle Rodriguez
Bark Busters Home Dog training and Behavior Charleston SC, Goose Creek, Mt Pleasant
Best Dog Training Charleston SC, Goose Creek, Mt Pleasant area
Is your dog training you or are you training your dog?
Over 5 years ago we left the corporate world in search of more meaning, enjoyment and satisfaction in our work life. The Founders' of Bark Busters commitment to save dogs, as well as improve people's lives through the process, have provided us just that. Having dogs of our own, we were immediately drawn to the idea of being taught how to be leaders and communicate using natural methods.
Before training our Jack Russell Terrier "Jack", he would bark at everything that walked by our window. He had selective hearing on commands in the house, didn't listen at all outside, pulled so hard on the leash that he would choke himself and barked at all dog's that we would pass. Our mixed breed "Roo" suffered from thunder anxiety, separation anxiety and pulled on walks, especially at the sight of squirrels. These issues were frustrating and very embarrassing.
We immediately saw that Bark Busters methods were effective and made sense to them. It was clear that with our consistency they would continue to improve and have lasting results. Today they are well behaved and very happy. We are so relieved to be in charge of the situation and surprisingly - so are they. We were shocked at how simple and fun it was to learn too.
Today we -
- are Bark Busters Certified Behavioral Therapists and Trainers
- are AKC Certified Evaluators
- are instructors for Charleston Animal Society
- are recipients of the "National Trainers of the Year" award from Bark Busters
- are guest expert speakers for Low Country Live
- provide ongoing behavior seminars for the Veterinary community and are highly recommended by Veterinarians throughout the greater Charleston, SC area
- LOVE what we do
Since the beginning of our journey in 2008, we have experienced excellent results with thousands of dog owners and have contributed to saving countless dogs lives. If you want to enhance your relationship with your dog while addressing any embarrassing or frustrating behavior problems, please give us a call. We CAN help!
Services provided by James & Michelle
- write a review
- our customer reviews
- review us on Google+
- review us on Yahoo
- review us on Yelp
- contact James & Michelle by e-mail
- Call James & Michelle toll free at 1-877-500-BARK (2275) or local 843-408-1691
James & Michelle recommend:
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.