Thinking of going to a pool or lake this summer? Here are some tips to keep your dog safe:
- Make sure your dog knows how to get in and out of the pool safely.
- Not all dogs like or know how to swim - don't force the issue!
- Watch for signs of exhaustion - they have no land on which to rest. Don't throw a nervous, inexperienced dog into the water.
- Rinse your dog off after a dip in the pool or lake. This will avoid ear mites, eye infections and pesky clingy insects which can imbed in your dog's fur.
- Dry your dog's ears, in and out, to help prevent ear infections from the moisture.
- For more great tips on swimming safety, view our tips.
Photo credit: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8...