meet your specialist trainers Richard & Vicki Horowitz
Bark Busters Home Dog Training New Haven CT, Milford, Waterbury
Vicki and Richard Horowitz are absolutely amazing. They are incredibly knowledgeable on all things about dogs. They are always available via phone call, email, and skype. We purchased the gold lifetime support package and we could not be happier. We have a happy black lab puppy that has been thriving due to the expertise. They are always so kind and helpful with every question we have. They truly help so much with puppy training, barking, chewing, house training, jumping…just to name a few! We cannot say enough good things about their service! The best advice we can give anyone with a puppy is to find Vicki and Richard Horowitz ASAP! We cannot thank them enough for helping us with Riley!!! If we could give them 10 stars we would!!!!Bill D.January 14 2018
Best Dog Training Milford, New Haven, Waterbury areas in Southern Connecticut/Shoreline!
Visit our Dog Training New Haven & Southern Connecticut Website
Welcome! Our names are Richard and Vicki Horowitz and we are the Bark Busters dog trainers for this area. You may have seen us on WTNH News 8 on our twice monthly TV segments where we discuss dog related topics. If not, know that we have been doing these segments since 2007. We are passionate about providing quality and humane dog training techniques, resulting in well-behaved dogs.
Right now your dog might not be listening to you. Not because he doesn’t want to, but because he doesn’t understand you. We will teach you how to communicate with your dog using your voice tones and body language. You will find it to be simple and fun and your dog will be relieved he no longer has to try and be in control.
Most of our clients see amazing results after the first session. If you reinforce our methods 20-30 minutes a day, you will have a well-trained dog in no time. Do understand that having a dog means rules and your leadership must be maintained for their lifetime.
Love your dog but not his behaviors? Let Bark Busters of Southern Connecticut help!
Together, we will overcome and deal with:
- Adding another dog to the “pack”
- Baby preparation
- Charging the front door
- Child safety
- Holiday preparation
- Nuisance barking
- Pool safety
- Preparing for a move
- Puppy issues
- Separation anxiety
- Sibling rivalry
- Traveling with your dog
- Walking on a leash
Why Choose Bark Busters of Southern Connecticut?
We have been pet owners who have loved pets since we were "kids." As dog owners for well over thirty years, our pets have always been special family members who bring joy and happiness to our home and those around them.
- We have been named Best Dog Trainers by “CTNOW Best of New Haven Readers Poll” five years in a row from 2013 – 2017.
- We have a bi-monthly TV segment on WTNH News 8 that educates dog owners and the community about dog related topics.
- We have been Bark Busters dog trainers since 2006, and as Master dog trainers, we have seen virtually every dog behavioral issue that exists.
- We have successfully trained thousands of dogs throughout Southern Connecticut, so we know the Bark Busters dog training methods work.
- We are often called in when other trainers or dog classes have failed because we can take on the tough issues like aggression, sibling rivalry or separation anxiety.
- We only use positive methods of training – you should never lay a hand on your dog unless it is out of love.
- Our training begins in your home where the problems occur; the dog is less stressed and learns best.
Our mission is to provide the means for all "family members" to live "peacefully" together. This will be accomplished through a unique dog training system that combines voice commands and body language to ensure good dog obedience.
Don’t put up with annoying behaviors or anything less than an obedient dog. Contact us today to get started!
- Animal Medical Care of Connecticut, Cheshire, CT
- Ansonia-Westfield Veterinary Hospital, Ansonia, CT
- Baybrook (VCA) Animal Hospital, Milford, CT
- Bethany Veterinary Hospital, Bethany, CT
- Foxon (VCA) Animal Hospital, East Haven, CT
- Orange Veterinary Hospital, Orange, CT
- Oxford Veterinary Hospital, Oxford, CT
- Shoreline Pet Grooming
- Southbury Veterinary Hospital, Southbury, CT
- The Barking Lot, Hamden, CT
latest from our media library:
- Spring has Sprung
- Learning to Communicate Has Its Challenges - The Bulletin
- Pets less pampered - an interview by Quinnipiac University
- No bark, no bite, no problem - MIlford Weekly
- WPKN Radio Show - "Sit, Stay, Listen"
Services provided by Richard & Vicki
- write a review
- our media library
- our customer reviews
- review us on Google+
- contact Richard & Vicki by e-mail
- Call Richard & Vicki toll free at 1-877-500-BARK (2275)
- Richard & Vicki are Pet First Aid & CPR Certified
Richard & Vicki recommend:
how we can help you and your dog
The Bark Busters Home Dog Training Methods helps solve dog behavior issues such as aggression towards people or other animals
- Cure embarrassing habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching & whining at doors or inappropriate toileting.
- Create an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on the lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called.
- Set off-limit areas for your dog.
- Reduce the stress of separation anxiety without the need for sedatives or drugs.
We teach you to communicate with your pet.
Blah, blah, blah, bad dog! blah blah. Do you think your dog isn't listening to you? Maybe you're simply not speaking his language. You may have heard of dog whisperer or dog listener techniques. The Bark Busters dog training method is based on the way dogs communicate with each other and how they learn from older, more important dogs in the pack. This is what makes our dog training unique and effective.
Why do we train in your home?
Your dog lives with a family, in a home. This is where he misbehaves most often so this is where training is most effective. Dogs learn by association. Bark Busters teaches your dog to listen in the home environment. If he does not listen at home, he will not listen outside your territory.
Training in your home is a one-on-one system without the distraction of other dogs or the stress of being sent away for training.
Of course, where you are experiencing problems outside the home such as pulling on the lead or dog aggression, we will set up controlled training situations in the park or wherever is most practical.